SAIGON SPORTS CITY – THE STYLE OF “JAMSIL SPORTS COMPLEX” IN HO CHI MINH CITYbatdongsan
A massive redevelopment will see Seoul’s Jamsil Sports Complex become a major centre for conventions, meetings, travel, leisure, and exhibitions. Environmentally friendly and transit-oriented infrastructure will form the backbone of the urban development scheme, which will include hotels and cultural spaces at the Hangang River and Tancheon Stream.
Encompassing over 400,000 square metres of land, the complex is South Korea’s largest integrated sports centre. Current venues include the Olympic Stadium, Auxiliary Stadium, Jamsil Arena, Jamsil Baseball Stadium, Jamsil Indoor Swimming Pool, Jamsil Inline Skating Rink, and the Sports Park.
According to current plans, the periphery waterfront areas will be unlocked by burying the Olympic-daero, Tancheondong-ro, and Tancheonseo-ro roadways. The Auxiliary Stadium will be utilized as a multi-use stadium for public sports, track and field, and soccer. A dedicated ‘Sports Complex’ will feature 11,000 seats and an indoor gymnasium, swimming pool, and concert hall. The existing Jamsil Baseball Stadium will be demolished and replaced with a larger venue offering views of the Hangang River and a seating capacity of 35,000. The new stadium will also include retail and for-profit facilities.
Saigon Sports City is a 64-hectare township that Keppel Land is developing in the prime District 2 in Ho Chi Minh City, in collaboration with Keppel Urban Solutions. It is envisaged to be a bustling hub, combining modern and sustainable urban living with vibrant and healthy lifestyles, which can be a model for other urban developments in Asia.
The integrated township will comprise about 4,300 premium homes and include iconic features such as a waterfront boulevard, an open public plaza and Vietnam’s first one-stop lifestyle hub with comprehensive facilities for sports, entertainment, shopping and dining. In addition, biophilic design principles will be incorporated into the development, such as natural lighting and ventilation, a linear park, vertical greenery and picturesque water features with natural filtration, to create a green and beautiful environment.
1. SECTION 1: An area of 26-ha will become an International Sports Center, with planned items:
– Sport training center, Office
– Football stadium with 10,000 seats
– 9 tennis courts with a capacity of 2,000 seats
– Inhouse swimming pool accommodating 2,000 seats
2. SECTION 2: The 38-ha compound area with:
– 4,300 high-class apartment units to meet 12,000 residents (maximum 30 floors/tower and 6-8 units/floor)
– Hotels, convention, exhibition and medical centers.
– Trade and service centers
– School buildings, shopping malls and parks
|Project name:||Saigon Sports City|
|Location:||An Phu Ward, District 2, Ho Chi Minh City|
|Type of development:||Township|
|Tenure:||Freehold for Vietnamese|
50 years for Foreigner
|No of Units:||4,300|
|1st launching:||January 2020|
FIRST LAUNCH: VELONA
– 6 towers with 30 floors
– Total floor area of building: 9 ha
– Total apartment units: 1,214
– Only 8 apartment units/floor
- 1 bedrooms: 48-63 sqm
- 2 bedrooms: 84-105 sqm
- 3 bedrooms: 115-133 sqm
– Sky gardens, olympic swimming pool, tennis, gym,…
– The best view: river, city, Thu Thiem view
– The best selling price for investment or living
– The most flexible payment schedule
– Launch: March 2020